The Intel MCS-51 is a Harvard architecture, single chip microcontroller (µC) series which was developed by Intel in 1980 for use in embedded systems.
Intel’s original versions were popular in the1980s and early 1990s, but has today largely been superseded by a vast range of faster and/or functionally enhanced 8051-compatible devices manufactured by more than 20 independent manufacturers including Atmel, Infineon Technologies (formerly Siemens AG), Maxim Integrated Products (via its Dallas Semiconductor subsidiary), NXP (formerly Philips Semiconductor), Nuvoton (formerly Winbond), ST Microelectronics, Silicon Laboratories (formerly Cygnal), Texas Instruments and Cypress Semiconductor.
Netmax Technologies is using mcs-51 (8051) controller from atmel s family (AT89s52 ,AT89s8252 etc)And Phillips controller (NXP) P89v51 rd2 etc.Our course cover 8051 basics , embedded c programming , adc interfacing ,lcd ,dac ,stepper motor interfacing , stepper motor ,dc motor etc.
Course Contents :
- Introduction to Embedded system (Microcontroller/Microprocessors)
- Working with 8051 clones (AT89s8252, AT89s52etc) and their special features.
- The MCS-51 architecture and PIN detail
- Tools and techniques required for embedded system designing.
- Basics of C language & Programming in embedded c language.
Software programming and Hardware interfacing of following External and on chip devices:
- Led (using PORTS as Output)
- Switch (Using PORTS as input)
- Matrix keyboard
- Relay (To control switching of AC devices e.g. Bulb, Fan, and Heater etc.)
- Stepper Motor (Speed and Direction Control)
- DC motor (Speed and Direction Control)
- LCD Display System
- Seven segment display
- Single Chanel Analog to Digital Convertor(ADC0804)
- Multichannel Analog to Digital Convertor (ADC809)
- Digital to Analog converters
- Parallel Real Time Clock (DS12887)
- I2C based Serial RTC (DS1307)
- I2C based Serial EEPROM
- Serial communication b/w micro-controller and PC & b/w Two micro-controller
- Programming and Practical implementation Hardware and Software Interrupts
- Programming and Practical implementation On chip Timer & Counter
- Interfacing of Different types of sensors
- MCS-51 based Project Development
- Design and Testing of MCS-51 family Microcontroller Evaluation Board